SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from almost London

Svenito

Hello,

Starter astronomer from just outside London, Woodford to be more exact. Been using a pair of bins (15x70) for quite some time now, looking at various stars, clusters and the empty patches of sky where nebulas or galaxies should be :)

Am hoping to get a Skymax 127 for my birthday next month. My first ever scope. Was planning a 8inch Dob but my wife said that a more portable scope would allow me to take it along on holidays (at least it'd be easier to take along).... and as usual, she made a good point. :D

Been browsing quite a few posts in this forum and seems that by signing up I could get a lot of advice and information.

See ya around.

Hi svenito and welcome,

your wife is correct, enjoy it when you get it and ask away as this is a very helpful site with lots of sound advice,

also have a read of the primers/tutorials etc they may help.

regards ron.s.g

:hello:Welcome to SGL Svenito, be sure to ask away with any questions you have, we'll all be glad to help :)

Nice scope too, you'll soon be catching aperture fever though! You'll definitely be glad of the portability of it ming, I struggle with my 5" newt but managing to get it out and about is well worth it!

Great to have you here

Amanda

Thanks all for the welcomes. I've read and heard good things about the Skymax, but I would like to know what it's like for clusters, galaxies and nebulae. I've managed to see a few globulars with the bins, so I imagine it'll be some improvement on that, eh?

Hi Svenito and welcome to SGL. Good choice of bins and scope - you'll have a lot of fun I'm sure. And regarding the 8" dob ? Not only is there Christmas ever year, but a roof rack, and clever packing ensures that the rest of your life can come along for the ride as well !

Steve

Archived