Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fruits of my labour :)

Well, its finally arrived, the day I have dreaming about for the past 4 years!! I have been saving and not spending much on myself in terms of hobbies. The money I spent (or some of it) on my new setup was for a newish car, but I reconsidered and bought a slightly older one, I can do all the work needed on it myself so it seemed pointless (well that's my justification anyway!!). So instead it was spent on my love, the love for the univsere in all it's magnificent beauty...or well at least the means to explore it!!

For me personally, this is why I go to work, this is why I put myself through education, this is why I put up with all the difficult times, this is what's it's all about!!

It's taken me probably six months to narrow down my choices of scopes and mount, it was hard! I had alot of advice from people in my local club, people from SGL (on here and at SGL4). So thank you, it was all taken on board! In the end I opted for this choice because I wanted a semi portable setup which doesn't take up a great deal of space in the house, so a dob was out of the question. It had to be well engineered and quality, I am a stickler for this, being a engineer who appreciates excellent craftsmanship it is generally the path I choose when buying for myself.

My setup had to be multi purpose so with a CN-212 I have both Cass (f12/f9) and Newt (f4) modes and my Sky 90 (f5.5) for 'grab and go' or widefield while the CN is in Cass mode. And the lovely SXD on the berlebach tripod, quaility mount and not bank breaking, very well engineered. All these are second items in top notch condition.

The Taks are amazing quality, they feel and look very scientifc in quaility if thats makes sense. Also they have an air of russian engineering about them, but extremely refined, awesome! The movents of the focuser and very smooth with a nice amount of resistance. So with this I think I have all bases covered, apart from huge aperture, but all in all I'm very very happy :cool::)

I will write a comprehensive review and first light report about each bit of kit after I have used them some, especially the CN-212 and collimation as I think it's going to be interesting!!

It's an extremely monumental moment for me, and I think the happiness scale will rise exponentially when I finally get to use them! :headbang:

Just waiting on some mounting accessories then I can finally go outside to be greeted by clouds :D:)

Can you get guess that I'm over the moon? :):icon_salut:

snv31861.jpg

snv31862d.jpg

Clear skies,

Rob

Nice one Rob, I remember well at SGL4 talking to you about this topic, well you have taken your time and got some very nice kit together, the vixen mounts are nice and a Tak! oooh lovely.

Now I know who to blame for this weather! and I was thinking it was me with my new Baader cleaning cloth and fluid.

:icon_salut: Pizza Pete

That is some setup you have accrued Rob. Looks very Pro. mate, and very touchy feely too. I hope you lug it along to SGL5 so I can get a proper look over it. I imagine it will draw a large crowd.:icon_salut:

Congratulations, and I hope it give you lots of stunning Obs. and images.

Ron.:cool:

Archived