NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

hello from newby

dave95979

hi i am dave from eastleigh hamshire

i have just got a helios d=114mm

f=1000mm

coated optics telescope

for my birthday

i dont know wether it is a good or bad telliscope but i think i saw saturn wit it not to good though i was indoors through the window!

i am going to goto chesfoot head i think a load of people get up there with telescopes when it is a clear night to see what i can see !!!

Hi and welcome to SGL. With my 114mm meade, using a 9mm and 2x barlow lens I can see Saturn and its edge on rings pretty defined and a decent size with the barlow lens, and I can see Titan and another moon. And this was from a friends house which is not the darkest skies. So u should be OK. Mine is 910mm focal length f/8.

Hi Dave happy birthday and welcome,

well done with your scope, ask the others at chesfoot head and i'm sure they will help you,

dont know how old you are but take an adult along as well.

regards ron.s.g

thanx for the welcome !!

i have read some of the posts in here they have anserd most of my questions

i think i mey try my hand at photography and see how that goes

i am 36 by the way but probabley should take a adult lol

Hi Dave - good move on getting a scope. Even better move for hooking into SGL - I hope you find a lot of the answers here. The 114mm scope should give you pleasing views of a number of objects in the sky as long as you are somewhere near to dark, allow your eyes at least 15mins to dark adapt and have a reasonable eyepiece, then you will go far.

Good luck and welcome to SGL

Archived