Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC 5070 - The Pelican Nebula

Roy

I went out last night in the vain hope that PHD would work and I would have an enjoyable night under the stars but that lasted about 30 seconds before PHD crashed again.

Here we go again I thought but I decided to take the advice of a few of the lads on SGL and UKIA had given me.

I gave PHD the elbow and fired up Guidemaster.

Hallelujah, praise the lord a miracle

Guidemaster took a few seconds to do a calibration and then it was off and running.

I only managed about an hour and forty mins before the clouds rolled in but believe me I went to bed with a big cheesy grin on my face.

IC 5070

WO66SD

Guided with WO Megrez 90 -QHY5 and Guidemaster

Atik 314L

10 x 10 mins

post-13336-133877373562_thumb.jpg

Nice shot Roy!

I am pleased that you have finally sorted your guiding out, I hated it when I kept having issues :cool:

Now you can concentrate on imaging and not fighting with the software!

Makes everything much more enjoyable!

Cheers guy,s

Needless to say, if any of you lads that recommended guidemaster are going to be at Kelling in September then I'll buy you all a beer.

Lets just hope this wasn't a one off :cool:

Now thats what I call a result. I bet you were more than pleased when you saw that drop out of the processing. Excellent detail and contrast and well processed. Shame about PHD not working for you as it has been pretty faultless for myself and others. Lets hope guidmaster proves problem free so you can produce some more wonderful pics like that.

Regards

Kevin

PHD and the QHY5 dont mix for some reason.... glad you got to guide with something, and that you got a clear night, and that you got a great image (not jealous of that, no sir!)

Wonderful image Roy ,the ole master has,nt lost his touch i see , brill detail in that and giving a 3D effect ,great work ,

Cant understand why PHD dont work though , i have been using it for ages with my QHY5 no probs at.ll Roy .

Rog:)

You have to admit it's strange that some folks have no end of problems with the PHD/QHY5 combo and then others, myself included have never had any issues with it (touch wood).

BUT Roy !! WOW that's a stonking good pic - a lot more cheesy grins to come I hope :cool:

Karlo

Archived