Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2nd try at Arcturus

Deneb

Hi

I tried a second attempt at imaging Arcturus last night, my 1st image here shows some defects.

After getting my Spider Vains aligned, this shot was taken at ISO400 20x20secs Prime Focus, SW200P - stacked in DSS:

Arcturus_rev2.jpg

That's better Deneb. I have a similar problem with spider vanes on my GSO and it wasn't until Richie Jarvis explained that you actually get 8 spikes from them that the errors made sense.

Ron mentioned Vega. If I had to guess I would've said Vega too. Usually for me Arcturus shows a little more orange in colour. Are you using a light pollution filter by any chance?

Cheers

TJ

That's better Deneb. I have a similar problem with spider vanes on my GSO and it wasn't until Richie Jarvis explained that you actually get 8 spikes from them that the errors made sense.

Ron mentioned Vega. If I had to guess I would've said Vega too. Usually for me Arcturus shows a little more orange in colour. Are you using a light pollution filter by any chance?

Cheers

TJ

Hello TJ

Sorry, No filters were used taken this picture, it could be that I missed something in DSS. I still have the RAWS, so I could process the image again.

Archived