Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TheTaz

My name  is Tim and I live just outside Sheffield near the Peak. I would just like to say hello and say thanks for all the great advice and guidance on the site, which has helped me to start my astronomy journey.  I have dug out my Bresser telescope that I was given as a Xmas present a few years back. I think I have set it up and balanced it as best I can, though the EQ mount is not so steady. Weather permitting,  it should help to start me on may way. I keep meaning to drop in to the Chesterfield Observatory to see how the experts do it. 

• Like 1

Thanks. First clear night for me for a while. Managed to get a view of Jupiter and two of its moons. Wish I could do something with my shakey mount. 

I have been lucky enough to get a Sky watcher 130m on eBay form a really nice guy. All set and ready to go. Just waiting for a clear night. The mount is an EQ 2, which must weigh twice that of the Bresser and hopefully  will help stability. Looks massive compared to my 70/900 refractor. 

• Like 1

Hello TheTaz and welcome to the site. Ask away with any questions, people are only too pleased to provide answers where possible 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...