Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Warpastron WD-20 Harmonic drive mount.

There's another older thread on here about this, there's also a smaller WD17S so is cheaper. They need to learn how to distribute the product to some retailers though.

• Like 1

It's an interesting product, I'm certainly interested in the smaller one and Cuivs review was very positive. Getting one is the issue, their website isn't brilliant and I found I think what was the official eBay retailer (not with the same company name) but now they don't have stock of the smaller one. A few users on CN already have them.

Edited by Elp

I bought one in the UK from DarkClearSkies.co.uk. It arrived  as promised within a week. UK dealer with full support. 

The only downside is that it seems to generate clouds over much of southern England.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DaveG64 said:

Yes Widescreen have got one to demo I spoke to Joseph yesterday apparently they will have them in stock soon 

Any chance of the 17 too? Don't need the larger one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2024 at 13:12, Elp said:

Is it me or are the ports in the wrong place at the front on the axis of RA rotation?

How so?  The layout seems similar to the AM5, at first glance.  

40 minutes ago, Celerondon said:

How so?  The layout seems similar to the AM5, at first glance.  

You're correct. I'm coming from ioptron however where the power ports are on the back end so don't move, much better design I think.

• Like 1

Oh right, these strain wave mounts are sometimes faithful copies of each other but other times there are significant differences.  This particular design is remarkably similar to the ZWO mounts but there might not be many interchangeable parts, if any.  

Don 

If you look, they look like a clone of the RST-135 mount. either way, they seems to be getting very good reviews.  I'm just holding off until the start of next season before i get one, as it's pointless buying now as the season is just about over.  Not going to buy 1 to pack it away for several months.

Edited by Northernlight

Very true. The Skywatcher ones also look good especially the Wave100 which you can dual mount for alt az use, can also track 10 Deg to keep satellites in view. Performance is unknown until people get them in hand.