Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Total Noobie doobie!

Moonlune

Hi folks.  Bought myself a Bushnell Voyager (old but reliable I'm told).  Picked it up today and gave it a good clean and lubed the moving geary bits (hope that's OK - told you I was new!).  Too late for me to set it up properly tonight, so "winged it" and managed to find a star before I froze to death.  It seems that I commited the usual newby mistake and got the cross hairs and centre bit in the view!  Focus problem I believe?  Shall work on that, once I've lined up the spotter scope properly.  I've adjusted out the slack in the gears with the allen keys, so they are no longer floating around!  Onward and upwards!  Beam me up! :)

• Like 2

On 09/12/2023 at 12:00, Bugdozer said:

Welcome, it sounds like you are good with the mechanical side of things! 

Design and Tech degree plus amateur watchmaking until my shaky hands got the better of it!

Edited by Moonlune

I must have got the alignment correct as I have just found Jupiter!  No pics as it was too cold to hold the camera still.  Next job will be sorting out a camera mount.  I've just received my wireless shutter release, so a bit of playing in the warmth, once the camera battery is charged! (and my fingers have thawed!) :)

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...