Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13...latest "play" with the data from last night...

Psychobilly

Nice pic Billy :) You're depressing me now... I had my first attempt at M13 over the weekend. I'm quite pleased with it personally, but I can see I have plenty of room to improve! :( I'm going to try processing the (very few) subs again tonight, but I fear my exposures were a bit long for the low quality of my tracking, and all the processing in the world wont fix that.

Anyway, something to aspire to :)

I have been neglecting globs but need to get to grips with them... still think the scope needs another tweak...to properly resolve the satrs down to the core... but at least its heading in the right direction again...

Hopefully clean up the individual stacks tonight with the inclusion of the flats darks and bias and then have another go at it..

Peter...

I still think the collimation needs to be a bit better but resolved the propellor this time...

Hopefully i'll get a colliation masterclass at Salisbury... i have booked the whole week off with a fair weather extension clause... got all those southern gems to try and bag

Peter....

• 2 weeks later...

The feature will surely stay in the same place in the cluster, but the cluster itself will have a different orientation depending at what time of night it is imaged. Orion for example, is lying on his left side as he rises in the east.

Ron.

Sorry guys, this post was meant for the M13 Propeller thread.

Ron.

Very nice Peter. I like the colours. Did you see APOD today? It's a Mulitcolour Gabany fest and looks fantastic!!

With a CCD you would get even more colour in the stars, especially the blue and orange stars stand out a lot more, so this one looks fine to me. Like you I am determined to get better collimation on all my kit.

Tim

Cheers TJ...

Certainly a cracker that APOD...I'll ahev to start looking at APOD everyday... perhaps i'll change my homepage in work formt he companies site to the APOD one - wonder if the boss will mind :icon_rolleyes:

In XP you used to be able to use a webpage as your desktop background so it was "easy"...

Archived