Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Cheshire, UK

c00lh4nd

Hi all, I am new to the site and to astronomy having "lurked" around the subject for many years. My interest is in developing my skills and necessary equipment for AstroPhotography having recently taken the plunge and purchasing a Dwarf II mobile device as my entry point and my muse being @Astrobiscuit on YouTube. I would love to interact with like-minded and more experienced members to grow in the hobby and perhaps attend any local events as my skills and confidence develop.  

Away from my initiative steps into what I hope will become a new hobby, I reside on the outskirts of Stockport in Cheshire, I have 35 years of experience in IT and Development, making the technology aspect of this field of interest and I am keen to identify good accessible and private spots locally where light pollution is low and I can safely set up and use my equipment to take my first steps into DeepSpace Astrophotography; with expectations aligned with the equipment I have.

• Like 3

This Friday's talk at the Mid Cheshire Astro Group is being given by one of our best astrophotographers, and you'll be very welcome. 

We meet at Norley Parish Centre which is near to Delamere Forest. Doors open at 7pm, for a 7:30 start. 

It's not the closest astro group to Stockport, but it's not too far. Though the M56 can be busy on Friday afternoons. 

https://www.midcheshireastro.co.uk/

Owen

Edited by Gfamily
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...