Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 660 - The "X-Men Galaxy"

tomato

Here is another small and seldom imaged galaxy, NGC 660 in Pisces. The outer ring of the galaxy is tilted at about 60 degrees to the central core, probably caused by tidal interaction with UGC 1195 (outside of this FOV).  This is evident by the cross over of the dust lanes, hence my attempt at a popular name .

This one was a war of attrition with the October and November weather, taking 6 sessions, snatching subs here and there in between the passing clouds. All these weather systems equal turbulent air so thank goodness for BlurXtermintor.

Capture details:

Esprit150/ASI178 dual rig

L 215 x 2 mins

R 69 x 2mins

G 74 x 2 mins

B 77 x 2 mins

Total 14.5 hrs integration, thanks for looking.

Image06AP.thumb.jpg.89c477e019cf15e8d3abeeee32663ce9.jpg

Annotated

Image06AP_Annotated.thumb.jpg.cec1ca16c52ee18c4f877bdbcd88eeff.jpg

• Like 27

Yes, and it hasn't missed a beat since your upgrade was fitted.👍

There was only one unattended session as the cloud interruptions were just too frequent. I got good at estimating how many subs I could squeeze in before the cloud bank that appeared on the Western horizon moved across to obscure the target in the East.