NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Liberty Hill, Texas!

DeannaRose

Hi everyone! Straight facts are in my bio, but the gist of introducing myself is to say I'm looking forward to talking with other people who enjoy astronomy. I live out in the middle of nowhere (4.5 on the Bortle scale), and don't really have anyone to talk to besides my mom (whose eyes glaze like a donut whenever I start talking about pretty much anything). Thanks for letting me hang out with y'all!

• Like 5

You come to the right place to talk (or rather, write) and learn about astronomy... I really like the concept of "in the middle of nowhere", a bit of the feeling of being in the cosmic void. Good luck and enjoy those privileged skies (at least for those of us who have to settle for Bortle 7-8).

• Thanks 1

Welcome to SGL from a fellow Texan way up north of DFW.

I so like your phrase "eyes glaze like a donut" (^8    It does really capture most people when I start talking about astro-imaging and telescope equipment.

I live under Bortle 6 skies but I have my SRO dark site out near Paducah, TX that has Bortle 1-2 skies so I feel lucky to have "my own little dark corner of the universe".

Texas vs UK_SRO.jpg

Edited by CCD-Freak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 19/11/2023 at 09:31, CCD-Freak said:

Welcome to SGL from a fellow Texan way up north of DFW.

I so like your phrase "eyes glaze like a donut" (^8    It does really capture most people when I start talking about astro-imaging and telescope equipment.

I live under Bortle 6 skies but I have my SRO dark site out near Paducah, TX that has Bortle 1-2 skies so I feel lucky to have "my own little dark corner of the universe".

Texas vs UK_SRO.jpg

YAY! Another Texan! (Although I'm a transplant from Detroit)

• Like 1