Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter & Io - more data

Barv

Hi Guys

Well, it's a repro of sorts, but with increased data. I did mention to Stuart, - (Space Cowboy), that I had more available data to add to my previous efforts. So here is the result, with double the original data. There are now 10 individual images, that were combined in Winjupos, instead of the initial 5. 

The image has become less noisy due to this, with detail I think that is easier on the eye. Personally, I think I prefer this colour pallette. would be interesting to have your thoughts?

Thanks for looking

Clear Skies!

Harvey

c-JupiterandIO-23.31.1.png

Edited by Barv
  • Like 14

17 minutes ago, Barv said:

Hi Guys

Well, it's a repro of sorts, but with increased data. I did mention to Stuart, - (Space Cowboy), that I had more available data to add to my previous efforts. So here is the result, with double the original data. There are now 10 individual images, that were combined in Winjupos, instead of the initial 5. 

The image has become less noisy due to this, with detail I think that is easier on the eye. Personally, I think I prefer this colour pallette. would be interesting to have your thoughts?

Thanks for looking

Clear Skies!

Harvey

blended-JupiterandIO-23.31.1.png

That's a stonking good image Harvey and I also like this colour palette. Jupiter is really colourful isn't it, I love to view it at high magnification through an eyepiece and better still though binoviewers with a pair of 19mm panoptics (mag approx x200), though haven't got those out this year yet. It's truly a beautiful object.

• Like 2

For me it's looking a little over-done in terms of the colours and processing, starting to look a little false, but I don't meant to be negative, we each have our own preferences and you've captured some great detail in the clouds. Io has totally knocked it out of the park though - great capture of surface details. It looks like a mini-Mars! 👍

1 hour ago, Neil_104 said:

For me it's looking a little over-done in terms of the colours and processing, starting to look a little false, but I don't meant to be negative, we each have our own preferences and you've captured some great detail in the clouds. Io has totally knocked it out of the park though - great capture of surface details. It looks like a mini-Mars! 👍

Appreciate your comments Neil. I have 2 laptops, on 1 of them the saturation looks minimal, and on the other, it looks a little overcooked. It was a tough call, as I thought I had calibrated them both. I am also finding that the colours are looking different depending on which program I am looking at them in.

Cheers

Harvey

9 hours ago, geoflewis said:

That's a stonking good image Harvey and I also like this colour palette. Jupiter is really colourful isn't it, I love to view it at high magnification through an eyepiece and better still though binoviewers with a pair of 19mm panoptics (mag approx x200), though haven't got those out this year yet. It's truly a beautiful object.

Thanks Geof

• Like 1