NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

14 Hours on the Wizard Nebula NGC7380 with L-ultimate

powerlord

Shot over 3 sessions, I've shot this before for a few hours, but nothing like this long before. It was nice to see that noise just smoothing out with the integration time.

I've gone for a pseudo SHO palette, with HOO stars (The original plan was to shoot some RGB stars, but looks like it could be weeks before I see another one!).

A few hours of 10 min subs, and the rest 5 min. All on the asi2600. Quite happy with the way this one turned out.

Oh - I tried the wizard sitting up, but in the end preferred the lounging prone wizard orientation 🙂

I feel like I can almost feel the heat coming up those rising plumes. Yer cooking on gas young Necromancer! literally ! 😁

wizard-sho-ish.thumb.jpg.498f24a84e3b1cb83883feca0a09a149.jpg

• Like 30

Very impressive. 😊 I like the white pillars behind the yellow ones with the blue 'sky' in the background. Personally I don't think 'correct' RGB stars actually improve the image as they tend to imply that the background colours are real.

Alan

• Thanks 1

I thought this might take a tight crop. And with it, a little bit of saturation/contrast adjustment.

The first is just that. The second, is a Topaz Photo AI 2x upscaling version (sacrilege maybe, but works here ?)

wizard-sho-ish-cropcrop.thumb.jpg.091d1e3ec5f7a625b4972bc7dc1d7ade.jpg

upscaled with AI ( @vlaiv look away now)

wizard-sho-ish-crop-topaz-enhance-2x-sharpen.thumb.jpg.3b4ce4b1aaae1b05187e46afe0e0cc47.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1