NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

clouds clouds clouds

Well it's been 4 days now with clouds and rain here, Northumberland coast... the weather forecast was supposed to be 19deg and blue skies, yeah whatever!

How can the forecasting be so wrong...then again they do cover their backs with the words "changeable" and "hit and miss" :BangHead:

From this day on I'm never looking at the weather forecast again, better off opening the window and sticking my finger outside!

Sorry for the rant 🥴

25 minutes ago, callisto said:

Well it's been 4 days now with clouds and rain here, Northumberland coast... the weather forecast was supposed to be 19deg and blue skies, yeah whatever!

How can the forecasting be so wrong...then again they do cover their backs with the words "changeable" and "hit and miss" :BangHead:

From this day on I'm never looking at the weather forecast again, better off opening the window and sticking my finger outside!

Sorry for the rant 🥴

Yes best way to forecast the weather, what you see is what you get💨💦🌞

• Like 2

I have been enjoying a few clear nights recently, the weather forecast seems to be predicting clouds when there are none. Although maybe that's their method... If they predict clouds every day they will be right 90% of the time.

• Like 1

Had poor weather for the last couple of months.  Sort of given up on the weather apps and checks, I just look outside every couple of hours now.  If it looks like i can grab something, anything, I uncover and get what i can.  Managed a couple of grabs of data over many nights, even got a couple of reasonable images out of what i could get.  But not had a solid clear night for a loooong time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/10/2023 at 09:28, ninjageezer said:

6 weeks since i have had a clear night and counting.........located east coast lincs.no end in sight this week either....anyone elsewhere in the uk had any clear nights...

anyone want to buy some astro gear....🤔

It's been a month now since I've been able to collect any data.  The skies over London seem to enjoy being pretty clear during the day and then clouding over just as I think I might be able to make a start.

Been looking forward to trying out my new SII+OIII filter but looking at Clear Outside that doesn't look likely any time soon!

MM

I sympathise.  I haven't managed to  capture anything for two months now.  I was hopeful of two or three hours at the weekend but I had issues getting the camera connected properly (dodgy usb?)

Seriously wondering if I should sell up and start photographing clouds instead.

Well, tbh the first half of October was quite okay but it all broke down about 10 days ago- only rain since. this summer i was thinking about giving up, too- but hey , you need something to spend your money on, and astro gear is perfect for that 😃

• Like 2

I have decided on a completely different angle. I have bought a camera and some other kit specifically to photograph clouds!

I figure that if buying telescope kit brings the clouds then kit for photography of clouds will make them go away.

It is currently raining so hard I can’t get outside to take a photo😂

Looks like my plan backfired.

M

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3