NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

VdB129 - because it's there...

ollypenrice

My co-conspirator Paul Kummer described this as a 'B list image' or even a''C list.'  I don't see this rendition sending it to the top of the target hit parade either. :grin:

But... it's there and it looks like this. Trust me, there isn't much to work with, but 85x3 minutes in the RASA 8 gives data which can be stretched to screaming point. This job had more to do with torture than with processing.

Capture and pre-processing by Paul, post-processing by me.

vdB129FINsRGBwebcrop.thumb.jpg.6ee30b1d1f81fba7195892e6241d94e6.jpg

Olly

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

My co-conspirator Paul Kummer described this as a 'B list image' or even a''C list.'

There should be MORE of these? Actually, mention of *Vdb* "triggered" me! 😁
Not the same one (lol), but such things might deserve more (expert) imaging?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

My co-conspirator Paul Kummer described this as a 'B list image' or even a''C list.'  I don't see this rendition sending it to the top of the target hit parade either. :grin:

But... it's there and it looks like this. Trust me, there isn't much to work with, but 85x3 minutes in the RASA 8 gives data which can be stretched to screaming point. This job had more to do with torture than with processing.

Capture and pre-processing by Paul, post-processing by me.

Olly

Agree there should be more of these atypical targets, or a RASA or two pointed at some random place for a season to see whats there. Almost looks like a nice star cluster with a very stable and persistent few clouds, you know the only clouds in the sky that are right over the target with the rest of the sky being completely clear :)

I do like the hint of blue giant light reflecting off the lower ramparts of the dust though

• Like 2

I think a SGL imaging challenge on obscure targets would be a nice idea, say anything that gets 10 or less hits on a search of SGL would be eligible.

Olly, Vdb129 would qualify, yours is the only hit currently on SGL, for comparison M42 has 5535…

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GalaxyGael said:

I do like the hint of blue giant light reflecting off the lower ramparts of the dust though

It's nice that you should make this point because I felt the same. It was one of the little nuances that made it enjoyable to process.

Olly

There is allot going for this target IMO, if we’ll done like this one.  The nebula appears to be floating “in” space, as opposed to stuck on it.  The star field is nice, and the central blue star stands out like a jewel, it’s blue light accentuated by the blue in the nebula. Finally, the small extensions left and right gives the eye s road to travel. “B” list? Nothing is B list in the hands of a master.  It speaks to an adage of mine: “all FOVs can be amazing.”  

Edited by Rodd
typo
  • Thanks 1

I agree - I'd like to see more deep shots of just, random sort of areas. I think with the level of tech and skill on here, we could get some interesting shots. who knows-  maybe even find something new ?

I'm going to have a go tonight: clear sky and no moon.

• Like 1