Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter under very good seeing (03/09/23)

Kon

Some very good seeing this morning. Jupiter was quite stable although the good moments were coming and going. I got 7 captures but only 2 were very good (any other day I would have been happy with the other 5 too). Derotated 2x120s. 8" Dob (manual), asi462mc and 2.5xTC powermate. Resized to 120%.

image.png.1f96ed47d3bfede2401ae88b960223dd.png

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Excellent image Kostas! GRS at over 50 degrees tomorrow morning looks the business.

Thanks Stuart. I am burning the night candle both sides this weekend 😅. I also have an ISS moon transit at 2am (it will be my first transit); maybe sleep and be up at 5 for the GRS.

Did you manage to get out this morning?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kon said:

Thanks Stuart. I am burning the night candle both sides this weekend 😅. I also have an ISS moon transit at 2am (it will be my first transit); maybe sleep and be up at 5 for the GRS.

Did you manage to get out this morning?

Venus in the early evening was so much easier lol Sounds like you are keeping busy!  I got back from a family party last night and could'nt muster the will power to either image Saturn at 24 degrees or be up early this moring for Jupiter so I'm putting all my eggs into the GRS basket tomorrow. 💪

Edited by Space Cowboy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, si@nite said:

Lovely capture Kostas, nice colour balance too, Jupiter totaly clouded out here im afraid but looking better for the nex few nights!

Thanks Simon. I think the next 2-3 days are looking really good. I am looking forward to your Jupiter judging from your Saturn!

3 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

Lovely image. I like the processing, it looks very natural 👍

Thanks Michael. I think I am getting my hand on making it to look natural (although I am always tempted to push more). Hats off to @Space CowboyStuart for not holding his "punches" back on previous posts and on our offline chats.

Edited by Kon