M31 first light with redcat 51

Neo_uk

Hi,

First light with my new lightweight rig 

Redcat 51 v2

Star adventurer gti

Zwo 183mc (non pro)

Asi air plus for control and guiding.

After years of lugging out the heq5 pro or eq6 pro I decided to put together a lightweight rig for ease of set up. Something I could leave setup all the time and just lift in and out of the house and be imaging in 10 mins.

Processed in pixinsight wich I have fotgot how to use been so long since I did any imaging (such a learning curve anyway 😆)

X 94 .. 2 min subs with darks and flats

m31final.thumb.jpg.208e5d49e492bdc92e8291aa741a4ae9.jpg

Just a quick 10 min process following astro journey uk video

Maybe a bit over cooked and not too happy with stars maybe a stacking artifact ?

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Neo_uk said:

Yep makes so much difference..

What camera do you use with your redcat ?

A 533MCP, it’s not an ideal pixel match but it doesn’t do too bad a job.

Andromeda, was one of my first targets on this set up also, not the best image (my stacking software is having problems with my calibration frames) but ok on 60 minutes in wet skies.M31Aug23.thumb.jpeg.9dd1f2f6c74475439585cb4ba8c84816.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Martthebass said:

A 533MCP, it’s not an ideal pixel match but it doesn’t do too bad a job.

Andromeda, was one of my first targets on this set up also, not the best image (my stacking software is having problems with my calibration frames) but ok on 60 minutes in wet skies.M31Aug23.thumb.jpeg.9dd1f2f6c74475439585cb4ba8c84816.jpeg

Nice job like the colours you got in the stars .. I've never had a colour cam before always shot mono with the sx h694 and asi 1600mm pro wich are both cooled  ... so abit of a learning curve on the processing side for me with added noise of the 183mc I've got not being the cooled version.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neo_uk said:

Nice job like the colours you got in the stars .. I've never had a colour cam before always shot mono with the sx h694 and asi 1600mm pro wich are both cooled  ... so abit of a learning curve on the processing side for me with added noise of the 183mc I've got not being the cooled version.

I’ve found hitting a few points of Hue-Chroma in Gimp helps a lot to bring out the star colours on broadband targets.

Youve done a great job uncooled, I really struggled to get rid of noise even with calibration frames on my old uncooled camera.