NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Registax Error. Help!

eli, what software did you use to capture the data, and what codec did you use. Although, whilst I've had issues with codec's and registax when I've used the wrong ones, it's never thrown that error on me. What version of regi is it ? I think regi might have trouble aligning the frames of wiggling toes, to much subject movement :)

RIghto, I think it's (more or less) sorted. I installed WMP (still didn't work), and a whole stack of codecs (still no good). So I've played it in Virtualdub, saved, and now it works!

Strange, all that.

I recorded it with WXAstroCapture. From what I understand, it's the best free capture software?

-eli

Eli, I used that to, and used the YUV240 codec. I've started using QCFocus as that supports YUY2 which apparently is a better codec, but I think that's only supported on the SPC900 firmware. I have heard that the older cams can be flashed to be SPC900's, but I'm not sure which ones. The other piece of software that I find really useful is WcCtrl, well worth a look.

I've already flashed my firmware to the 900. But now that I have Wxastro working, I'm a bit wary to change!

Now I just gotta wait for my adapter to be delivered, so I can stop taking pictures of my foot!!!

-eli

Eli, I used that to, and used the YUV240 codec. I've started using QCFocus as that supports YUY2 which apparently is a better codec, but I think that's only supported on the SPC900 firmware. I have heard that the older cams can be flashed to be SPC900's, but I'm not sure which ones. The other piece of software that I find really useful is WcCtrl, well worth a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gents

I read this thread with interest as I too am having a similar problem with Registak though the message box from registak says it cant start decompression the file and then hangs up. I have version 4 of Registak (not freeware). The one used in the tutorial is freeware.

My file was orginally an mpg that was converted to avi.

I searched the net for QCFocus but could only come up with a construction company dealing with welding etc.:icon_rolleyes:

John, is there any chance of posting the url for the software so that I can get a copy.

Dante

Hello John

Managed to get my problem sorted. :icon_rolleyes:

A copy of VitualDub was obtained and my avi was re-saved as old avi. Registax4 now operates. Still on a steep learning curve though:confused:

Dante

another ptoblem with registax but I can't figure out how to start a new thread (moderator please make it easier for a newcomer to the site to see how to post a new thread).

I processed 10 j[eg images of a 36 hour old moon using the multipoint alignment but the final image came out with the crescent in 3 separate sections. I keep getting this problem sometimes - other times with different image sets the images line up fine. THe jpegs are big about 2 MB.

Nick Martin

another ptoblem with registax but I can't figure out how to start a new thread (moderator please make it easier for a newcomer to the site to see how to post a new thread).

I processed 10 j[eg images of a 36 hour old moon using the multipoint alignment but the final image came out with the crescent in 3 separate sections. I keep getting this problem sometimes - other times with different image sets the images line up fine. THe jpegs are big about 2 MB.

Nick Martin

I've had this problem with multipoint align, since the alignment boxes are too small. Try single point align, choose the biggest box - 512, manually select an area, and off you go.

Regards

Vincent.

Nick Martin

Under the title of the board is a button marked "New thread"....

Multipoint align has been improved in V5 - try that and see what you get.

Archived