Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 12th June

neil phillips

The heat mass in the air that's been causing havoc over the UK has for the moment shifted. I first got wind of this by looking on the solar section. where it was also mentioned. As such. I set up again. Its still really early days to be imaging Saturn

Both images taken in daylight. With such a faint planet is far from ideal. But seeing doesn't calm in the slightest at the moment until the sky is bright. And Saturn isn't horrendously low roof hugging ( but still low ) there appeared to be some kind of jet stream or disturbance despite the lack of showing on maps. But its a far cry from the heat mass of the last few days. 

The bright sky plays havoc with processing. And havoc with colour. I assume the moon is Titan

03_33_13_lapl8_ap1.tif COLOR.png 2.png

03_21_18_  75 done.tif IR.png

DSC01256.png 50.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 15

Just now, Space Cowboy said:

We're starting to get into some proper Saturn meat there Neil! 

Its encouraging isn't it. Things should improve more in about 4 weeks time.  20 degrees in darkness, Not daylight.

Jupiter is going to clear the roofs around here soon. Stella isn't showing until i feel its remotely worth trying. Its unlikely to be as easy as my old semi long focus Newt

• Like 1

Conditions seem much better than the previous attempt. I am not sure how the heat with the thunderstorms may affect current conditions.  The IR is looking good and the colour has come out very nice despite the daylight conditions. 

Just now, Kon said:

Conditions seem much better than the previous attempt. I am not sure how the heat with the thunderstorms may affect current conditions.  The IR is looking good and the colour has come out very nice despite the daylight conditions. 

Yes far from perfect. But good to get away from that de focus seeing. I knew straight away it had cleared, that warm air mass.

Cheers

Edited by neil phillips

Just now, knobby said:

Nice captures, I still find it weird looking when the rings start closing 🙂

What time are you imaging Neil, 3.30 ish ?

Cheers.

Getting Saturn on screen around 2.45 But that's acquisition. The color shot was 03:33. Or to be universal 02:33 UT

• Like 1

Just now, lukebl said:

Nice captures. What sort of Barlow/Powermate did you use?

I'd forgotten that the rings would be closing up so soon.

Hi Luke my train was 2X Celestron Ultima Barlow. ZWO ADC.  QHY 462 c. The color Capture was a straight 100% stack. So capture size.  The IR685 was a 1.5x drizzle downsized to 75% 

Cheers