NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stofler Maurolycus

neil phillips

8 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Phenominal level of detail!

Cheers Stuart, data was reasonable. Not perfect, just slight heat disturbance. But good focus. And 12000 frames enables cherry picking down to 545 Frames. I like the edge of seat processing. Up to the noise point, but not over. I used 1 top wavelet linear registax further sharpen analyzer. Quite simple

• 1 month later...

Hi Neil

That's a stunning image. Congratulations on getting in bang on (to my untrained eye anyway 🙂)

What camera did you use for it please...and, probably a daft question, but when you use your Stella Lyra 12" Dob - how easy do you find it in terms to the fine positioning for lunar imaging?

Cheers

Steve

On 30/07/2023 at 21:30, Steve 1962 said:

Hi Neil

That's a stunning image. Congratulations on getting in bang on (to my untrained eye anyway 🙂)

What camera did you use for it please...and, probably a daft question, but when you use your Stella Lyra 12" Dob - how easy do you find it in terms to the fine positioning for lunar imaging?

Cheers

Steve

Cheers Steve it was the 178mm. which isn't particularly sensitive. But slightly larger chip. If you mean how easy it is to get on a particulate area ? its the same really as any scope. yes it weighs a ton. But i am using the EQ6R. If you mean how well does it track. that's mostly polar alignment. And balancing. The better both are, the better the tracking will be 

On 06/08/2023 at 21:21, neil phillips said:

Cheers Steve it was the 178mm. which isn't particularly sensitive. But slightly larger chip. If you mean how easy it is to get on a particulate area ? its the same really as any scope. yes it weighs a ton. But i am using the EQ6R. If you mean how well does it track. that's mostly polar alignment. And balancing. The better both are, the better the tracking will be 

Thanks Neil - that makes sense - I was only asking in case you were using it on the Dob mount. Does the EQ6R cope with the 12" ok?  (I sold all my AP a while ago and I'm missing it, so I'm looking at £££ efficient ways of getting back into Lunar.)