Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Milky Way Arc Penrhos Beach House

I took this image  just over a week ago at about 1am hoping for the core to pop up over one of my favourite local beaches; Penrhos Beach, Holyhead, Penrhos Coastal Park, Anglesey.

The Skerries Lighthouse can be seen as the yellow light in the middle of the picture with the Beach House on the left (with 'little' Andromeda above it!). I myself am to the right where I can lend the scene a sense of scale.

You can see the light pollution of the nearby Anglesey towns (Cemaes and Llanfachraeth) as well but this did not effect the image too much!!

I used a Canon 6d (astro modded) and Rokinon 24mm lens on a star tracker.

Eight shots in portrait orientation for the Foreground (ISO800 180secs f5.6) and the same number for the Sky (ISO640 90secs f4). 

Pre-edited in Lightroom - panorama stitched in PTGui and finished in Photoshop CC.

Hope you like, CC's welcome.

PenrhosBeachHouseMilkyWayPanoramaWeb.thumb.jpg.8e5b98c0dbaa2d53a559cb5fd9ec4825.jpg

• Like 26

1 hour ago, The Admiral said:

Is that M31 on the left close to the trees?

Super image, MW arcs are one thing, but capture them with the right scenery and it all pops.

Ian

Hi,

Yes, that white smudge is Andromeda! Having nice foreground always helps. I have followed quite a few YouTubers who are masters at this and tried to emulate them!!