Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

More Venus clouds (15/5/23)

Kon

Another day and new cloud formation on Venus. Good transparency but awful seeing with the wind. Despite that some nice clouds in UV.  8" Dob, manual asi462mm, 2.5x TV powermate, UV and IR Astromania. False colour IR/sG/UV. Resized 150%

image.png.77934b3ec036222ee54fcf79597509d5.pngimage.png.0d47ed35a150d870fb65f34227790905.png

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, orion25 said:

Some of the best Venus images I have ever seen!

Keep up the good work, Kon ;)

Regards,

Reggie :)

Thanks Reggie for your complement. I am enjoying the constant change of the cloud structure.

1 hour ago, lukebl said:

Good capture.

It's reassuring to see that your image and mine show the same details. We must be doing something right!

I agree and it gives confidence we are not just pulling noise out.

27 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

I Envy you guys that can work on Venus. Never hated a tree so much in my life. Nice details coming through. Jupiter will seem easy to you after all this practice

Thanks Neil. I said in an earlier post you need a new astro purchase 😂. Just for reminder and FLO might be able to add it in their website if there is enough demand

image.png.e62a95e09a5c489a86e781f262ec039a.png

I am looking forward when you do manage Venus in the mornings.

45 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Very good again Kostas! My problem last night was a cow calving, not a tree. Had to bring everything back inside lol 

Hopefully try again tonight.

I cannot picture the two 😂 but are you observing from a farm?

4 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Scope and cow weren't in the same field I must add. 😉 Yes I'm a farmer, hence the name 🙂 

Generally in the US at least, if you consider yourself a cowboy, you're a rancher rather than a farmer.  Ranchers are generally regarded as way hotter than farmers, BTW, thanks to the whole cowboy mystique (cowboy hats, boots, rodeos, rugged appearance, etc.).

11 minutes ago, Louis D said:

Generally in the US at least, if you consider yourself a cowboy, you're a rancher rather than a farmer.  Ranchers are generally regarded as way hotter than farmers, BTW, thanks to the whole cowboy mystique (cowboy hats, boots, rodeos, rugged appearance, etc.).

I can just imagine Stuart @Space Cowboywith his chaps and a cowboy hat looking down the Dob🤣.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Scope and cow weren't in the same field I must add. 😉 Yes I'm a farmer, hence the name 🙂 

You must have some amazing skies if you are rural.

3 hours ago, Kon said:

Thanks Neil. I said in an earlier post you need a new astro purchase 😂. Just for reminder and FLO might be able to add it in their website if there is enough demand

image.png.e62a95e09a5c489a86e781f262ec039a.png

I am looking forward when you do manage Venus in the mornings.

Tree is massive, that saw would make it flatten a house as it went over lol. Not going to happen. I get time for about one capture, at one location. Then it hits a roof. (All set up on concrete inches from house walls)

Or longer in the garden, as its getting low in the sky. dropped below branches. Under good seeing the low location. Might be worth trying again. At least i don't lose it after 5 minuets. But trying to snatch it as seeing is worsening is not something i enjoy. But we shall see  Morning rising will be better.

But You guys are doing great, Everyone getting some lovely detail.  Saturn's back in about 5 weeks btw. Rising in morning light 16 or so degrees. Jupiter a few weeks behind. Its on my good side. So will get on them early i think. 

2 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Tree is massive, that saw would make it flatten a house as it went over lol. Not going to happen. I get time for about one capture, at one location. Then it hits a roof. (All set up on concrete inches from house walls)

Or longer in the garden, as its getting low in the sky. dropped below branches. Under good seeing the low location. Might be worth trying again. At least i don't lose it after 5 minuets. But trying to snatch it as seeing is worsening is not something i enjoy. But we shall see  Morning rising will be better.

But You guys are doing great, Everyone getting some lovely detail.  Saturn's back in about 5 weeks btw. Rising in morning light 16 or so degrees. Jupiter a few weeks behind. Its on my good side. So will get on them early i think. 

You know I am joking 😁. Yes planet season is upon us and I am very excited to give it a good try. I am sure you will do wonders with the 12".

3 hours ago, Louis D said:

Nay nay, that's just Hollywood blurb. I doubt John Wayne could capture William Shakespeare in the clouds of Venus. Space Farmboy doesn't have the same ring to it, though I am hot when solar imaging with a towel over my head. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kon said:

I can just imagine Stuart @Space Cowboywith his chaps and a cowboy hat looking down the Dob🤣.

Spur damage on the OTA can be troublesome 😉

Dark skies are sadly a thing of the past in Cheshire East. The amount of new housing erected over the past 5 years is unreal. Most of it on prime farmland.

The only dark horizon is towards Shropshire.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Not sure if FLO are stocking these yet but the mount looks nice. Just tell the neighbours it's a lightening strike and you'll be good 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Dark skies are sadly a thing of the past in Cheshire East. The amount of new housing erected over the past 5 years is unreal. Most of it on prime farmland.

The only dark horizon is towards Shropshire.

Same has happened with me over the past 30 years.  There are now 10,000 new homes, two car dealerships, two tollways plus their interchange, a high school with football field (Friday Night Lights), and multiple giant shopping centers.  I've gone from Bortle 4 skies to Bortle 6/7 skies during that time.  All of it built on blackland prairie farmland.

6 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Since our neighborhood trees have matured, I've lost all but my south facing view from my backyard.  Our ice storm this winter did take out a huge chunk of a neighbor's tree opening up more of my southerly view, though.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

Not sure if FLO are stocking these yet but the mount looks nice. Just tell the neighbours it's a lightening strike and you'll be good 👍

OMG, I can think of a lot of other uses for that laser cannon, none of which can be mentioned here due to TOA rules.

• Haha 1