NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clavius High contrast

neil phillips

Got the levels good at capture on this earlier one. The contrast just blew my socks off. I thought it deserved its own space

First slightly more natural. second a touch more sharpen. As usual click for full size. 1.5x drizzle downsized to 75%

12" Stella lyra Newtonian F5 Celestron Ultima 2x Barlow. Player one IR 685nm Filter. EQ6 R PRO Mount. 

earlier clavius.png bw.png good.png c.png

earlier clavius.png bw.png good.png More sharpen.png 125.png

DSC01134.png 50.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, Roy Foreman said:

Clavius is my favourite crater. Think I prefer the second image. Very sharp, well done.

Its my favourite too Roy. Probably Plato a close second. That's why its good to have 2 slight variations, it adds perspective to both me and any viewer. 

Cheers 

• Thanks 1

Does your 12" fly you to the moon? These are just amazing. Some of the best I have seen, and also the best of yours. You are really enjoying the new scope, aren't you?

Excellent images. These SL 12" scopes are seriously good. Mine is razor sharp visually with the 3.3mm TOE (x461) and looks very similar to your images. When seeing permits of course.