SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Most Desirable Telescope

2 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

I love star atlases also. The one in the photo is The Cambridge Double Star Atlas by Bruce MacEvoy and Wil Tirion, 2nd edition.

2023-05-0511_24_34.thumb.jpg.e76527e6eb8722adae0a3c9c01307777.jpg

Thanks. That is my incoming Father’s Day present. I have the Cambridge star atlas that is very good, just wished it had a larger format size. 

• Like 1

On 30/04/2023 at 12:51, Highburymark said:

New Borg 125FL. All that aperture and under 4kg, if early reports are accurate. I’d happily trade in my perfect TSA-120 triplet for the Borg if CA is well controlled, purely because it’s nearly 3kg lighter. But the price is likely to be prohibitive. 

What is the speed of the scope?

I spoke to TS and  they would build a 10" F3 newt using ONTC (just need to provide the mirror), which using Gavstar PVS-14 to prime conversion adapter should give you some amazing view's in H-Alpha.

17 hours ago, Deadlake said:

What is the speed of the scope?

I spoke to TS and  they would build a 10" F3 newt using ONTC (just need to provide the mirror), which using Gavstar PVS-14 to prime conversion adapter should give you some amazing view's in H-Alpha.

The Borg is F/6.4 - in retrospect probably too fast to be my main telescope, as I mostly use it for Sun, Moon and planets. But it shows what’s possible in terms of weight - it’s roughly half as heavy as most modern 5” refractors.  

On 06/05/2023 at 12:14, Highburymark said:

The Borg is F/6.4 - in retrospect probably too fast to be my main telescope, as I mostly use it for Sun, Moon and planets. But it shows what’s possible in terms of weight - it’s roughly half as heavy as most modern 5” refractors.  

I”be been running the 130 mm at F 4.75 using a AP TVPH. 
The brightness when viewing H-Alpha emission nebula makes the extra speed worth it.

I can share the TVPH accross all of my scopes, fits inside a FT3545 or directly to a C11.

• Like 1