NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ZWO Seestar 50

Afternoon star gazers.

First time posting so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned but as far as I've read my problem doesn't seem to have been.

My seestar updated on the weekend and since then it won't let me view saved images on the seestar nor will it let me manually stack,when I attempt either of these it seems to go back to the main screen and for a split second I can see that it's reconnecting so I'm suspecting that it's disconnecting during the process (which it didn't do before the update).

Using Samsung fold 3 too incase it's a phone issue. 

Anyway just thought I'd share.

Edited by AstroTin

38 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

The google Playstore when viewing the app mentions under 'about this app' says requires Android 8.0 and up

It would be nice if this information was obvious on the ZWO web site, perhaps somewhere in the specifications sections and in the manual. Pages 9 & 10 discuss how to obtain the app from Google or Apple, but no mention of required Android or IOS minimum versions. The ZWO site also has the latest app file available to download (from Google or Apple servers) in the "Mobile APP" section, but again, no mention of Android/IOS versions.

At least, my old Samsung tablet (Android V7) runs my Dwarf 2.

Geoff

Hello @AstroTin and welcome to the site. There certainly seems to be a few challenges with the latest updates so I suppose the way forward is to spot any common points first. What app version, seestar release and android version are you on? Are you on station mode?

I cant help with any clues on manual stacking, I just let it do it's thing and use the image in the phone gallery so hopefully someone will jump in here.

Edited by M40

1 hour ago, Neil H said:

I just had alert on my phone for seestar update so not going to do it , my phone is on 1.19  but my tablet is one behind that , I thought they would had been the same ?

The wonders of modern science Neil 😄 I only have the app on the phone so at least I have avoided one challenge 

• Like 1

As i say before i  managed to update the app using a friend's Apple tablet...

Yesterday evening I was able to have a very good session with a clear sky.
What is certain is that there are many faults in the current update and ZWO has announced that they will remedy them as soon as possible.
I sent them an email to invite them in the future to leave the one or two previous versions of firmware available to prevent such situations from happening again and to give users the possibility of reloading an earlier edition.

I invite everyone world to join this request to encourage them to move in this direction.