Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone used canon IS binoculars?

I have just bought some canon 10x30IS mkII

For birding I find the detail I get and the view is far better than my Swarovski.

This is just due to it being sooooo steady, it's very pleasing.

So brings be onto astro, anyone used them? Only got today so not tried yet but interested to hear what people say.

Thanks Gary 

PXL_20230404_125415745~2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Was fortunate to get my 15X50 IS in 2004 and still rate them the best grab and go or travel kit. I too started with birds but it got me into astronomy. What they lack in magnification they make up for in spontaneous availability. (Mind you that is true of other binoculars - if you can keep them still.......)

• Like 3

Nice one… I’ve had the 15x50 since last September, and they’re excellent for astronomy… magnification isn’t much of course, but viewing the Moon, Jupiter and Pleiades with these is amazing 👍

They’re also great for terrestrial viewing too.

Enjoy 😀

• Like 2

I have had the Canon is 15x50 for over 14 years plus they have been all around the world with me best and a great investment if you love Astronomy but used it for everything else 

• Like 1