Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus clouds with asi462mm (first light)

Kon

I have been itching to try the new mono asi462mm that I bought last week. Finally a break in the clouds. First impressions, I am blown away over the colour one asi462mc that I have; a lot less noise and much more sensitive in UV; I only had to shoot at 9ms to get a good signal and I can probably drop it for more fps if there were no thin clouds duirng the capture . No ghosting despite the AR window still present. The capture was at daylight and I think the IR signal suffered a lot. The UV clouds are coming through very nicely despite the conditions. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mm, UV and IR filter from Astromania. A made colour version as well IR/sG/UV. Resized 150%.

(I also captured ISS under thicker clouds but again blown away with the lack of noise. posted here: https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/408305-international-space-station-270323/#comment-4365267)

image.png.c430d3c079fe913e068bd7451e3c32d6.png

image.png.a5de4a146d06600ce0fed0b6ecfe7f5f.png

image.png.80d69aaf63de84bd3de0c7f41a541197.png

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Ibbo! said:

Thats come out really well.

In other news UV filter has been found.

Thanks. Not 100% happy with the colour balance but I will take it for now 😁

Yeeayyy! Looking forward to your captures. Which filter do you use?

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Nice one kon. That camera looks very nice

59 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Super images Kostas! You've hit the ground running with that new cam!

I agree that it is a very good start.

I am pleasantly surprised that I managed to do 9ms exposures with ~350 gain, and considering  I was capturing through thin clouds. No ghosting either. The question is if I should remove the AR window for more sensitivity. According to the zwo site it clips 15% of the UV.

20 hours ago, Kon said:

I agree that it is a very good start.

I am pleasantly surprised that I managed to do 9ms exposures with ~350 gain, and considering  I was capturing through thin clouds. No ghosting either. The question is if I should remove the AR window for more sensitivity. According to the zwo site it clips 15% of the UV.

What f number were you at? That UV filter was the bargain of the century! 😉

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

What f number were you at? That UV filter was the bargain of the century! 😉

f14.7 (let's call f15). I am at 5x the pixel size of the asi (2.9um). 

Yes a bargain at £28 (including a methane and IR pass filter in the kit)!! I think when I placed my order in amazon there must have been a glitch in their system and rather than their normal £90 it was £28 🙃. Still, £90 for three filters it's a pretty good price, and my methane captures were pretty decent under bad seeing. I should write a little review on these filters as it might help others  who are on budget.

• Like 2