SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mars 9th Dec

CraigT82

• KIT: SW 300p on AZ-EQ6 (in AltAz mode). ASI485mc.   ZWO ADC.    Baader Q barlow 2.25x (working at 3.4x).    Astronomik L2 filter
  • CAPTURE & PROCESS: 10x60sec captures in FC.   Best 5% stacked in AS3.   Image derotation.   Sharpening in Astrosurface. Finishing in Gimp.
  • DETAILS: Image scale 0.12"pp/5200mmF/17.   Planet at 59 deg.   Derotated to 22:018 UTC.  Seeing seemed poor during capture, fuzzy disc difficult to focus. Transparency 10/10. Captured from Taunton, UK

Thanks for looking & Clear Skies!

2022-12-09-2218_7-OSC.png

Edited by CraigT82
Resized image
  • Like 12

That's really good Craig. I also like the colour, which is very similar to what I see folks like Damian Peach, Martin Lewis and others posting. I think I've messed up the histogram sliders with new my colour camera, as my images are comong out a bit too red/pink. I've had a discussion with Martin Lewis about it and done a bit of background reading, so now I think I was wrong to try to set the balance on Mars and probably should have left the sliders alone. Hey ho.....

22 hours ago, knobby said:

Really nice 👍🏻

Thanks Knobby.

21 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Poor seeing or not you've got some nice definition there Craig.

Thanks yeah came out ok which I was very surprised at after nearly giving up after one capture.

21 hours ago, Kon said:

Great image and nice details.

Thanks Kon

7 hours ago, si@nite said:

A very nice image Craig some great detail there well done!

Thanks Si

7 hours ago, geoflewis said:

That's really good Craig. I also like the colour, which is very similar to what I see folks like Damian Peach, Martin Lewis and others posting. I think I've messed up the histogram sliders with new my colour camera, as my images are comong out a bit too red/pink. I've had a discussion with Martin Lewis about it and done a bit of background reading, so now I think I was wrong to try to set the balance on Mars and probably should have left the sliders alone. Hey ho.....

Thanks Geof. I don’t usually adjust the colour at all at capture I do it all in post. Must admit I spent quite a bit of time fiddling with the Hue and saturation.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Lovely rework Craig :thumbright:

Thanks Geof, just concentrated on adjusting the colour and tidying the edges really. Had a another go at cloning away the edge rind which has worked a bit better than my first go. 

• Like 1