NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn x 3 31-03-09

Ant

Managed to get out for a little while between clouds tonight.

Had a few glitches where Registax wouldn't fully open some of the AVI's.

Lucky I check every other AVI while outside imaging. Slows things down, but I've been caught like that before.

Tried the newly fabricated EP projection tube... Mmmmm won't be trying that again! ;)

First image is prime focus, the next is using the 2" 2x barlow - which gives an increase of about 1.55. The last image is with a Meade 3x Telextender (which I've been told ISN'T the best barlow Meade ever made).

Fairly happy I guess, although I was hoping for a little more detail.

Hope you like.

Cheers

Ant

Hi Ant nice shots, Reading your comments on my post, you dont have to kill Ant, wait untill the summer when Orion are doing there free upgrade 1/8th pv to 1/10th order a 10" Europa f6.3 fit a fan use it on your existing mount. A vixen GP worked fine on mine. for about 700 quid you will get detail like mine. selling your mak should mean your about 350 quid away. thats easier than killing.These are nice shots for a 7" I went from a 7" mak too Ant, to a 10" Europa. i never regretted it. my shots took off soon as i switched

Hi Ant

Seeing last night was average at best.

I grabbed a bunch of Saturns myself and saw little detail.

You have done well considering the conditions.

Just enlarge the second shot and you will have a fine image scale.

Have you tried Barlow-filter wheel- camera method?

This way gives me a larger image scale than wheel - Barlow - Camera.

HTH

Ed

I agree with Ron the way you have presented this really shows how by increasing the focal length the image gets bigger, for beginners this might really help.

Btw Ant #1 & #2 are very good shots.

Archived