NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars 31st Oct 6 Image sequence

neil phillips

• neil phillips changed the title to Mars 31st Oct 6 Image sequence
3 hours ago, Nik271 said:

Great stuff! I think I can spot Olympus near the terminator. The promontories of Sinus Gomer are showing very well!

Hi Nik. Yes you can see it (just) I started capturing too late for the volcanoes. The sky clouded over so i waited. But they had already started to rotate around. So didnt get a good look at them.

Still pulled out some fair detail of the ice cap, so was happy with that. Though quality wise. it wasn't as good as the 28th. Wind kept blowing it around the screen. Had to keep pausing. what with all that movement it effected quality. But still fun trying to image the red planet. Hopefully when i get my new EQ6R it should help.

Next year i hope to have a 12 or 14 " Newtonian running.

Though of course that will be for high jupiter. 

Cheers

Edited by neil phillips

3 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Super collection of images Neil! Love the surface textures.

Cheers Stuart wasn't easy out there as I mentioned to Nik. A small Mars blowing around the screen wasn't ideal. But still, the ice cap is showing some structure. It's a lot of fun imaging Mars again. 

3 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Lovely set of images Neil.

Appreciated Geoff. Mars is getting interesting. I have a feeling in the next two or three weeks you're going to be setting the forum alight with your Mars images. Already i was taken aback at what you got recently. still a couple of arcsecs to go yet. And good seeing hopefully. Fun times.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Appreciated Geoff. Mars is getting interesting. I have a feeling in the next two or three weeks you're going to be setting the forum alight with your Mars images. Already i was taken aback at what you got recently. still a couple of arcsecs to go yet. And good seeing hopefully. Fun times.

Thanks Neil, we all just need the seeing to play well for us the next month or so.....🤞. There's a lunar occultation of Mars on 8 Dec, so I'm hoping to try for that, but it's a late one if I stay up for that, or an early start if I decide I need some sleep first. It starts just before 5am, so Mars will already be heading west and getting low down, so I don't know if I'll be able to see it - only time will tell I guess.....

26 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Thanks Neil, we all just need the seeing to play well for us the next month or so.....🤞. There's a lunar occultation of Mars on 8 Dec, so I'm hoping to try for that, but it's a late one if I stay up for that, or an early start if I decide I need some sleep first. It starts just before 5am, so Mars will already be heading west and getting low down, so I don't know if I'll be able to see it - only time will tell I guess.....

Think i remember that will look out for Dec 8th Cheers for the reminder

• Like 1