Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 9th Oct

neil phillips

2 hours ago, Kon said:

Nice image. Same here. Started ok but it has been nearly impossible to nail the focus past 3 or so; fuzzy but 'stable' no boiling effect..

This is exactly what i tried to explain some time back. you may find it hard to believe but my entire season has had elements of this in varying degrees. tonight i got a excellent example. image fairly steady on screen. then in a instant completely goes out of focus. can't see a thing no gas bands nothing. stays like that for a bit then slowly comes back into focus. I caught this on camera. if i find it, i will load up as a example of my bizarre seeing effects this year. No doubt someone had great seeing last night thinks where nuts. Like if i get great seeing. I assure anyone. they will notice. 

Edited by neil phillips

13 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Nice image looking forward to seeing the full process.

Seeing was ok for me early on but deteriorated by the time GRS rolled around. 

Sounds like you got some good results Craig. I was hopeful would get a great night. But nope entire night disturbed would get focus, and it would start to drift almost straight away. by the time the middle of the ser its complete blur, a quick example here I have others probably better extreme, but you get the point just from this zipped ser sections. better to play it with small box. dont open it up. or it will be huge. See what you think

begin.zip middle blur.zip

3 hours ago, neil phillips said:

This is exactly what i tried to explain some time back. you may find it hard to believe but my entire season has had elements of this in varying degrees. tonight i got a excellent example. image fairly steady on screen. then in a instant completely goes out of focus. can't see a thing no gas bands nothing. stays like that for a bit then slowly comes back into focus. I caught this on camera. if i find it, i will load up as a example of my bizarre seeing effects this year. No doubt someone had great seeing last night thinks where nuts. Like if i get great seeing. I assure anyone. they will notice. 

Yes exactly what I was getting this morning. By 3 hardly any details just fuzzy bands  My first couple of captures were easy to focus and a lot of details on the capture screen. Mars was not suffering as bad. I will process them later and post.

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Yes exactly what I was getting this morning. By 3 hardly any details just fuzzy bands  My first couple of captures were easy to focus and a lot of details on the capture screen. Mars was not suffering as bad. I will process them later and post.

Have you not had this effect a lot since you started this year ?

23 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Have you not had this effect a lot since you started this year ?

Most of the time it's been bad, fuzzy mess. I am getting to know what's good seeing and stable. But yes, even if the conditions are supposed to be good it's hard to get good results. Summer was the same wasn't it?

4 minutes ago, Kon said:

Most of the time it's been bad, fuzzy mess. I am getting to know what's good seeing and stable. But yes, even if the conditions are supposed to be good it's hard to get good results. Summer was the same wasn't it?

Yes your right summer was the same. Winter might be even worse. Still got a couple slightly sharper last night i am working on.

Another example sharper focus but air currents23_24_58_pipp_F055450-056450.zip23_24_58_pipp_F055450-056450.zip23_24_58_pipp_F055450-056450.zip23_24_58_pipp_F055450-056450.zip

19 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

Another good Jup Neil. I missed the last couple of nights do to travelling, but maybe a chance agin tonight, though it's been a pretty tiring weekend driving down and back to Berks/Hants

Cheers Geof still looking at last nights. Trying different captures ect. Hope your weekend was good

• Like 1