Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Jup of season 6th Oct

CraigT82

After a hasty testing session of new kit the other night got out for a little while last night with the intent of actually producing an image, first one in over a year. 

Need to check my primary I think it got knocked about during house move and isn't sat right in the cell, stellar test image had definite astigmatism. Also couldn't get the bloomin ADC to completely correct the dispersion either no matter how I adjusted it.

• KIT: SW 300p on AZ-EQ6 (in AltAz mode). ASI485mc.   ZWO ADC.    Baader Q barlow 2.25x (working at 3.4x).    Astronomik L2 filter
  • CAPTURE & PROCESS: 10x90sec captures in FC.   Best 25% stacked in AS3.   Image derotation.   Sharpening in Astrosurface. Finishing in Gimp.
  • DETAILS: Image scale 0.12"pp/5200mmF/17.   Planet at 36 deg.   Derotated to 22:16 UTC.  Seeing varied 2/5 to 3/5 at times (strong but consistent jetstream) transparency varied 4/10 to 8/10 (some scudding high cloud). Captured from Taunton, UK

Thanks for looking & Clear Skies!

2022-10-06-2216_4-L-Jup_DeRot1_final.png

• Like 14

Loving the detail on that Craig. Great to see you imaging and posting again. You haven't lost your touch. Excellent result

You do have some colour noise going on in there as my blow ups show. Nothing a little nosie reduction wont sort. My 30" 4 k monitor shows colour well. so it stands out my end. Not sure what monitor your using example below before and after

I will be getting a 12" Newtonian in a few weeks. Not sure about drives though. They need a decent mount. maybe a eq platform. But unsure about that yet. 

fc.png

no c.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Loving the detail on that Craig. Great to see you imaging and posting again. You haven't lost your touch. Excellent result

You do have some colour noise going on in there as my blow ups show. Nothing a little nosie reduction wont sort. My 30" 4 k monitor shows colour well. so it stands out my end. Not sure what monitor your using example below before and after

I will be getting a 12" Newtonian in a few weeks. Not sure about drives though. They need a decent mount. maybe a eq platform. But unsure about that yet. 

fc.png

no c.png

Thanks Neil I do see what you’re seeing on my phone but can’t see it on my monitor, but then it is a budget work monitor so no surprise there! 

I can thoroughly recommend an AZ-EQ6 if you go down that route, I’m really impressed with it handles my 300p nicely and the tracking knocks my old black EQ6 into a cocked hat. Probably not much more expensive than a decent EQ platform unless you make your own 

16 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Thanks Neil I do see what you’re seeing on my phone but can’t see it on my monitor, but then it is a budget work monitor so no surprise there! 

I can thoroughly recommend an AZ-EQ6 if you go down that route, I’m really impressed with it handles my 300p nicely and the tracking knocks my old black EQ6 into a cocked hat. Probably not much more expensive than a decent EQ platform unless you make your own 

Definitely the monitor then. I wouldn't say anything, but it does stand out on this monitor. Which is reasonably good. Displays good colour gamut Yes, 

those mounts look excellent. planning for next year so time to save

Edited by neil phillips