Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ngc 7331

Rodd

Another data set that was so fun to process I invariably over did it. Pushed it into the realm of Roger Rabbit.  After stepping away from it and becoming obsessed with another data set, I finally was able to put a governor on the car, so to speak. I think there is still room for improvement, but the gulf has gotten smaller. It holds up fairly well to Bin1 

C11 edge .7x reducer and asi 1600. About 15 hours.  I did not use the Ha as I needed a lot more.  A couple of hours seemed to just redden the palette   

5851D528-1C58-47F7-87F4-7F32800CADB4.thumb.jpeg.6e64db73e252b5388afc9a03026e7a1f.jpeg

• Like 24

5 hours ago, simmo39 said:

Another fine image Rodd, where do you get the time to do all these Im lucky to get a couple of hours a week.

The art of the reprocess.   I captured this image months ago. I am never satisfied so I reprocess, and reprocess, and reprocess, and….

4 minutes ago, Rodd said:

I decided to add the Ha. Subtle? But I think worthwhile.  If I had a stronger ha stack it would be nice

8D268D34-C21B-49E9-BDC2-924E4D7E1B76.thumb.jpeg.5af6b38349bbe948d8ba6d3fa98f9851.jpeg

I like this - The Ha somehow adds depth to the image.

Did you tweak the curves on the overall image much?

Edit: Or maybe it's just the crop?

Either way, I still prefer the second. :)

Edited by Pompey Monkey
Another perspective

1 hour ago, Pompey Monkey said:

I like this - The Ha somehow adds depth to the image.

Did you tweak the curves on the overall image much?

Edit: Or maybe it's just the crop?

Either way, I still prefer the second. :)

I did crop as you know. Then I extracted the red channel from my HaLRGB version (after aligning the images) and inserted it in the red channel of this version.  I reduced the red channel a bit with curves prior to insertion. I think I used a color mask to cover the  foremost core dust lane to reduce saturation ( it was too red) and a very slight curve adjustment to the core region.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodd said:

I did crop as you know. Then I extracted the red channel from my HaLRGB version (after aligning the images) and inserted it in the red channel of this version.  I reduced the red channel a bit with curves prior to insertion. I think I used a color mask to cover the  foremost core dust lane to reduce saturation ( it was too red) and a very slight curve adjustment to the core region.  

Wow! A lot more finesse than I can apply.

The end result is smashing. :)