NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello (again) and thanks!

MarcuSmythe

I have had a few scopes over the years but could never really get what I wanted due to wives and....no, just wifes really. So last week I woke up one day with a rather fuzzy head and discovered that I had bought a 200PDS with a EQ5 goto mount.  Seems like nice kit mostly and I am sure it will do me for the timebeing. (I do have a C8 OTA for free eventually).

Pitfalls:

1. Its not really best suited to my final aims. DSO photography. It may be a good half way house though. I am an amateur.
  2. Never underestimate how stupid I am.
  3. Spent 3 days cursing the 2" EP because it would not focus....found out that the thing giving me bum pain from under my cushion sorts that out. (extender thing)
  4. Spent 2 days cursing the Synscan wifi thing/ app because it will not just slew like the handset. Slew speed = 1, no you will not notice if it is working or not.
  5. My oh my is it big! I live in Bradford (Bort6) and I'll never be able to use it....might fit on my Lambretta with careful planning.
  6. Took it into the garden for a test set up......the residents of the 10th floor directly to the North of me think I am a perv. Not a chance of being polar aligned.

There is more but that is enough for now. The problems I can solve have been through looking at posts on here so Thanks!

• Like 1

Just had "first light"...only the moon but not only! My oh my what a beautiful sight. I felt spiritually humbled, quite emotional.

First clearish sky, could not polar align because Polaris is not bright enough thru the LP but the boding is well.

Impressed....without even doing alignment once I had the moon in the centre of the EP (20mm SvBony 68deg) it stayed there for the 15 minutes I had. Real clever technology!

Thanks again to the hundreds of contributors to this forum that I have read avidly.

• Like 1

On 04/09/2022 at 13:55, MarcuSmythe said:

Took it into the garden for a test set up......the residents of the 10th floor directly to the North of me think I am a perv. Not a chance of being polar aligned.

Welcome, I would make sure the residents of the 8th floor don't call your local police! ;- )

• 1 month later...