Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Milky Way over a Yorkshire Dales cottage

From Thursday night.

This is ~12 x 10s, iso400 and f8 light painted foreground.  One 120s ambient foreground to help with post-processing.  Sky, 9 x 60s, iso800 and f2.8 on a Move Shoot Move.  6D MkII, Sigma 50mm.  LR, Sequator and PS.

Back of our house, sky from position ~20m behind foreground position to get a clear horizon for blending.  Some trailing, the tripod was on a poor grassy surface.  Needs a click.

Cheers, Paul

P.S.  Name those flowers!!  :) 

Old Dairy SGL.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 27

That’s lovely, Paul. Nice view of the terrestrial and celestial cosmos!

The trailing is almost imperceptible unless you really zoom in, and even then it’s tiny - doesn’t detract from the image at all in my view.

How do you find the MSM? I have a SA, but it’s a cumbersome beast and so it often gets left out of my rucksack if I’m hiking any distance. I’ve got a trip to Senja planned in a month, and need to decide whether I replace it before I go!

• Like 2

Thank you all for the nice comments.   The flowers are...see @FenlandPaul 🤣

I got the MSM as a lightweight portable tracker for wide field nightscapes.  So far it does that job!!  Have no expectations to go longer than 50mm fl and 120s on a full frame camera.  Will carry a Canon 6D MkII and a choice of 14, 24 and 50mm lenses.

I bought the starter pack.  Needed an extra ball head.  Laser is easy to use.  Needs collimation first!  Also have the 'Z' mount that I use as a 'V' wedge.  The 'Z' mount has been fine, though only used at low wind speeds.  MUCH lighter than my Manfrotto geared head.  See pics for 16 x 60s test with too high an iso...nice round stars on a hazy night.

It stays ready for use in my bag all the time.

Paul

20220827_124819.jpg

Cygnus Star Cloud 02 sml.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 2