Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Gutted

CELESCOPE

Sometimes i just want to give up, if i can ever get 2 hours of imaging in it will be a blessing or even one and a half hours lol . tonight i had prob the best image i could have done on M101 filling the whole frame up . managed just 7 subs ,cloud yet again, when its clear we have the Moon , or fine cloud ,or fog . or moisture, i really give up , what with LP as well , its amazing i can ever get images .

I think its time for some serious thinking on this now , i either give up ,or move .

Rog

Keep the faith Rog, it is all worth it when it goes right mate. I am just back today from a long weekend with the Scottish Observers Group, we were nr. Avimore for 3 nights, thur, fri, sat, and out of them it was only clouded later on on sat night. On friday we were out until 4am.

So keep at it, it does clear sometimes........... :-)

Gary

Don't you dare give up Rog, what would I do without my mentor ? Move thats the answer !!! Seriously tempted myself after spending the day in very, very rural Essex yesterday, no LP, seriously black skies.

Chin up, but know how you feel.

Trudie

Yes be good to have some dark skies , so i can ,and know what i,m capable of, being here is just holding me back big time, Nebs seem not to bad ,but other than that pretty hopeless , .and the real reason behind any hopes of further progress.

Rog

I know at times it looks like everything is against you in this "obsession" but that rare occaasion when everything comes together make it all seem worthwhile again...

I'm just glad that I had the 4 night martahon... got enough to keep me going for a while again...

Billy....

Rog, this is my plan too.

Well, with the wife of course! But, we'll have to wait about another seven years to do it - kids at school, exams, work & MONEY! etc etc.

But we will move to a dark sky site, still in the UK, probably Devon/Cornwall.

I regularly get the Phillips Dark sky map out and then search the internet for properties.

It's where we intend to spend the 'best years of our lives!'

If you can afford it now Roger and there is nothing else stopping you - then do it!

Good luck.

Barry.

Am I right in thinking you are somewhere near Basildon? Pretty grim there I imagine but not as bad as Hornchurch where I used to live. Now I'm in a darker part of Essex things are much better but LP can still be a problem in the direction of Felixstowe if there is a lot of water in the air. I wonder how much of your light pollution and other muck can be removed in the raw frame combining.

If you bring along some calibrated but otherwise untouched subs the next time we meet perhaps some playing around in Maxim might be in order. Of course, if you are already doing that just ignore me and I'll go away.

Dennis

Are you going to do some imaging in Suffolk with your portable set up Rog? I was in despair over the course of the winter watching all the images pour in and people saying how exhausted they were after several clear nights. Others were moaning about the seeing and I just wanted to throttle them!! Then one good nights imaging and all is well with the world again..

You've been here before Rog, you just need that long clear night with everything going well, it will come...sometime...soonish...maybe!

South France sounds nice to be and from watching SAT24.com, Satellite Weather Europe. Watch the Clouds and Sun over Europe the weather looks a lot better than ours. I'm for the moment stuck in Holland because of the usual job and money issues...

My vote goes to south France. I'll also visit if the prices are good.

Otherwise for now you just have to dig in and wait for another clear night / nights ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

We had 7yrs drought here.. I gave up gardening and took up stargazing...

We've since had more than six months of cloud and the dams are half-full again!

'such is life' :) ..but I won't be leaving astro to take up skydiving!!

Stick with it Rog, you might just need a lil break away to recharge yer batteries.

Archived