Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

GRS 7TH August

neil phillips

I can see why you have processed the last capture of the session Neil. Could it be something to do with the red spot right on the meridian by any chance?😀 Lots of fantastic detail showing even in the red spot itself lovely work mate.

7 minutes ago, morimarty said:

I can see why you have processed the last capture of the session Neil. Could it be something to do with the red spot right on the meridian by any chance?😀 Lots of fantastic detail showing even in the red spot itself lovely work mate.

Cheers Martyn. Yes a proper look at the GRS. Though from looking at the captures i am not sure its the best capture. I dont think so. Still running and looking. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kon said:

Excellent result. Seeing was very good last night, wan't it? I am going through my captures at the moment.

I thought seeing was reasonable. variable, but moments of clarity coming through. At my location. 

Cheers Kon 

Lovely Neil !!! Fantastic seeing  here again too it’s a perfect reflection of what I saw at the eyepiece!  Great mate  it can only get better as Jupiter slowly draws to opposition 

6 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Both good looking images, the 2nd as you say slightly sharper.  I wish I had my C9.25' in Weymouth, Jupiter is right over the sea, got to be a good thing surely........  🙂

Seeing wise over the sea got to be i agree. Salty air not great for optics though

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kon said:

It's getting better and better, seems a lot sharper in my eyes. Same capture or one of your others?

Same capture, re stacked, less frames, different sharpening. Seeing really wasn't that great at my location. I can show examples. As such hoping for a lot better. In Time