Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cornwall Milkway

These are the last of the Milkway photos I managed to grab while on Holiday in Cornwall. Two are different view points from Kenidjack Cliff Castle looking South towards Cape Cornwall. The other image is facing South from Pordenack Point.

CapeCornwall2.jpg

CapeCornwallMilkyway.jpg

Rock-B2-vignette.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 34

Beautiful images of a lovely part of the world!

We’re off there ourselves in August - can’t wait. So many compositions I have in mind around that whole West Penwith area. Unfortunately our April trip was cloudy throughout.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, FenlandPaul said:

Beautiful images of a lovely part of the world!

We’re off there ourselves in August - can’t wait. So many compositions I have in mind around that whole West Penwith area. Unfortunately our April trip was cloudy throughout.

Thanks Paul 👍

Yeah you are spoilt for choice location wise down there. Hope you have a nice trip in August and I will keep my fingers crossed for clear skies for you.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

Lovely images and compositions.  The foreground quality looks great, were these with the 6D?  What settings did you use and how dark was it, asking for a friend... ;) ?

Foreground images for the Cape Cornwall two were captured around 10:20pm so a little left over sun light was enough light for a 5 second exposure at iso 800 from memory.  The moon was still out to the Southwest/West so also adding light again.

Pordenack Point was an hour or so before sun rise in the lighter blue hour so again enough light for a 5 second exposure. These were with my Fuji XT-2 as I have no decent lens for the 6D.

Edited by Rustang
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...