NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn Jupiter 10th July

neil phillips

Pretty sure there was nation wide good seeing last night. i woke up late. too late to set the Orion up so used the CC. Got one quick capture of Saturn before it hit the opposing house roof. 

Some what longer on jupiter. Got a few correctly sampled captures. But just as a experiment tried a barlow screwed into the ADC

so oversampled but still come out ok. 

8" Classical cassegrain ( 7.3) ZWO ADC qhy 462 c Baader q barlow UV IR CUT SW EQ5 PRO 

Saturn resized Jupiter capture size

drizz.tif  cool.tif done.tif 2.tif 3.png 75.png

2022-07-10-0314_2-DeRot_lapl8_ap40.png done send full.png r.png slight sharp.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 17

Cheers bottletop

Kon Saturn yes, jupiter I am not sure. But seeing was better I should have gone out earlier. I only just managed one quick capture on Saturn before i lost it. I also should have set up the Orion

but hey ho.  The CC has done ok. even though its resolution of just over a 7" is a bit limited. 

3 hours ago, si@nite said:

You can clearly see you had the better seeing i had this morning, cracking shots Neil!

It was good wasn't it. The morning i don't take out the Orion lol. Still shows what a good 7.3 scope can do under good seeing looks cloudy here tonight. Was wondering about two days in a row

I'll tell you Neil your stella lyra 8" is a gem of a scope without a doubt that Saturn image is your best to date (this year).  Just look how clean and well defined the cassini ring is all the way to the front Thats some great resolution and brilliant processing.Your jupiter image as lots of fine detail too. At last we all had good seeing it seems. I am just going through my data now as I've been out with my granchildren to a local fete/fair all day but judging by the images posted so far from everybody there is a lot to live up to.

2 hours ago, morimarty said:

I'll tell you Neil your stella lyra 8" is a gem of a scope without a doubt that Saturn image is your best to date (this year).  Just look how clean and well defined the cassini ring is all the way to the front Thats some great resolution and brilliant processing.Your jupiter image as lots of fine detail too. At last we all had good seeing it seems. I am just going through my data now as I've been out with my granchildren to a local fete/fair all day but judging by the images posted so far from everybody there is a lot to live up to.

Cheers Martyn still learning how much this little scope can deliver i suppose. And it seems quite a lot for only 7.3. Have to admit wish i had taken the Orion out. But then i wouldnt learn about the new scope. So its all good. Thanks for the kind comments much appreciated. Well made resolution trumps all day long. So your results must be spectacular. will watch out for them 

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

Very good images, the seeing was excellent on Sunday morning when i imaged the Sun. Not surprised to see some very well detailed planetary images on here as a result. It goes to show what we all already knew, that without good seeing, you are not going to get great images

On 12/07/2022 at 06:30, Pete Presland said:

Very good images, the seeing was excellent on Sunday morning when i imaged the Sun. Not surprised to see some very well detailed planetary images on here as a result. It goes to show what we all already knew, that without good seeing, you are not going to get great images

Very true Pete. it had been a while i was starting to think there was a problem with the location. or scope. 

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Very true Pete. it had been a while i was starting to think there was a problem with the location. or scope. 

I was out on Saturday, still faffing around with the data.  Nothing like the conditions for me on Sunday

37 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

I was out on Saturday, still faffing around with the data.  Nothing like the conditions for me on Sunday

When you get something your happy with post up Pete. Would love to see what you have been capturing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, neil phillips said:

When you get something your happy with post up Pete. Would love to see what you have been capturing

Yes. Definitely will do. Always worth posting everything "warts and all"  makes the successful sessions even more meaningful.  As you have recently displayed so well.

• Like 1