SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

It has been a very stressful few months so it was great to finally get away this week for a much needed break in Cornwall. I had a great time with my family, snorkeling with my brother and seeing some amazing sea life was certainly one of the highs. I had planned a couple of locations to capture the Milk Way while down in the stunning Bortle 2 skies, the predicted weather was looking good and thankfully I had a couple of decent nights.

This image was captured on Thursday, our last night. The 60 % moon washed out the sky a little as it was setting but it lit up the rocks beautifully. Hopefully you will spot me standing on a rock admiring the view and hoping not to fall off!

LoganRockHR.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 14

Well, that looks as good as it gets ! The moonlight on the rocks really makes a difference and there's not much chance of lighting that lot up with a torch ! 😎

Did you use a remote for the camera or just hope for the best with timing ?

Lovely capture,

Dave.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, davew said:

Well, that looks as good as it gets ! The moonlight on the rocks really makes a difference and there's not much chance of lighting that lot up with a torch ! 😎

Did you use a remote for the camera or just hope for the best with timing ?

Lovely capture,

Dave.

Thanks 😊

I set the intervalometer delay to 2 minutes and then used my phone timer to keep an eye on the 2 minutes while I legged it down to stand on the rock! 😁

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 1