Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter & ganymede 8th july 2022

si@nite

Very nice despite the weather. I am not sure what's going on since the skies looked ok this morning. Maybe the heat from the ground and the dew? I had similar issues with my ISS imaging.

• Like 1

I was observing the sun this morning. Apart from the rising heat haze from my urban environment seeing has definitely improved. There are some stunning sunspots at the moment and I could get good details even though I was using a small and basic Skywstcher Skyhawk 1145p.

Hopefully this weekend will be an improvement on the gas giants too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PeterStudz said:

I was observing the sun this morning. Apart from the rising heat haze from my urban environment seeing has definitely improved. There are some stunning sunspots at the moment and I could get good details even though I was using a small and basic Skywstcher Skyhawk 1145p.

Hopefully this weekend will be an improvement on the gas giants too.

Actually the skyhawk , despite the rather naff focuser is a capable little scope, Peter  ... check out Martin Pyott's extensive work flo vids on YouTube . Hope the tripod is serving you well mate . :) 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, si@nite said:

Again mushy seeing this morning but managed a few runs on Jupiter at around 27 degs with ganymede on the limb!

C9 skyris 236m x 1.5 barlow original capture size. Thanks for looking!

rgb 3_hf 08-07-2022.png

Hi Simon. Not much you can do when seeing is off. Still pulled some detail out. Was variable my end. Sometimes reasonably good, others Poor seeing would take off again. 

2 hours ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

Actually the skyhawk , despite the rather naff focuser is a capable little scope, Peter  ... check out Martin Pyott's extensive work flo vids on YouTube . Hope the tripod is serving you well mate . :) 

Hi Stu, although I didn’t  get it for this task my Skyhawk was mounted on your tripod. It required a little DIY “skills” (don’t worry, the tripod is unharmed) but it’s now like a rock! And light enough to easily carry the whole thing outside. I might post something in the DIY section. It might be useful for someone. 

Edited by PeterStudz

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Hi Simon. Not much you can do when seeing is off. Still pulled some detail out. Was variable my end. Sometimes reasonably good, others Poor seeing would take off again. 

Hi Neil its still very low at the moment dont think it will iimprove a great deal untill it climbs out of the mirk but will soon be reaching around 38 degs elevation so looking positive for the coming months!