Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Soooooo frustrating.

Astro Noodles

Why can't things just work? I guess the answer to my rhetorical question would be along the lines of - if they did then no-one would have anything to do.

I have been accumulating kit over the last few months. Picking up good deals on the astro buy/sell. I'm not really in any hurry to upgrade or increase the complexity of my setup. I'm having a great deal of fun at the moment with a basic setup and still have some way to go before I reach the limits of what I can achieve with it.

So, in order to automate my sessions, I bought a laptop and downloaded APT. I plugged in my Canon 1100d and started a session. No problem, easy to use. Then I dropped the camera and damaged the USB port. No problem. I can do imaging without APT.

I acquired a Raspberry pi4 from a fellow member with astroberry etc installed. I plugged it in, connected to a monitor and everything was fine. Tried to connect it to my home wifi. Couldn't figure out how to do that so I bought a nice little touchscreen monitor to leave outside with the rig. So I plugged it all in but the raspberry pi started playing up and won't boot up properly grrrr. 😟 So I don't know what's up with it. It isn't the monitor I've checked. 

I got a nice ASI294mc from a fellow member. Downloaded the Ascom platform onto my laptop. Downloaded drivers, purchased the full version of APT. Can I get it to recognise the camera? you guessed it.

Never mind. Mrs Noodles went to get her hair cut today and very thoughtfully picked me up a nice bottle of wine. 😁

I am in no way discouraged, just a little frustrated as my facility with connectivity isn't what it needs to be.

I think I'll put all this fancy stuff away for the time being and come back to it when I feel braver.

• Like 4

Thanks for the replies/suggestions

I suppose that one benefit of British weather is that you get plenty of time to think about problems.

I have downloaded the drivers and am going to use my laptop in the first instance before I use the Raspberry Pi.

It is my belief that most of my issues are power-related. I have ordered a proper 12v/5a power supply for the camera and a nice waterproof 4 gang plug extension. 

Raspberry pi problems are probably due to SD card format issues.