Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M65

centroid

Three clear nights in a row, and yet another DSO imaging session. I really am being spoilt now. :)

Must be 'pay back' for all the time I struggled with a poorly H9C, now apparently on top-form, after Terry Platt's repair work.

Another one from the Leo Triplet, this time M65.

14x300s with the SXVF-H9C, 12" LX200R at f/7.

This was guided in RA only, after a refining (drift alignment) of the Polar alignment.

Dave

post-13389-13387736117_thumb.jpg

Hey hang on a min thought you never went out last night ehhehehe ,anyway Dave , thats a great image , lovely and clean with a nice dark lane there , done 65 and 66 last night , but had a lot of noise in the backdrop , will try and process better tonight .

great stuff , you will have a nice collection of Galaxies at this rate.

Rog:)

It will be nice, when I can run Noise Ninja on my images, to take out the fine grain.

At the moment the £/$ exchange rate is very poor, so it can wait until it improves. Not so long ago it was $2 to the £, now its only $1.4 :)

Dave

Nice one Dave, are you planning on doing a triplet mosaic?

Tony..

Already done that Tony, albeit in widefield 'shot' :).

I think its on my website, but I haven't looked on there in while.

Must update it!!.

Dave

Sweet! I love the results you are getting with your 12" - I found it too frustrating with my 10" - although I now wish I hadn't had to sell it to buy my SXV-H9 after seeing your results!

Cheers,

Richie

It does 'grab' the photons Richie, but an OSC camera needs a bit of a 'head start', as the Bayer Filter Matrix, knocks the sensitivity back, compared to the mono H9.

Also the long focal length (3048mm), means that there's not a lot of work for it over the winter, when most of the DSO don't fit into the FOV, even at f/7

So, the 12" is really a planetary and small DSO scope, which of course is ideal now, for many of the spring galaxies, which are quite small.

So for me, its the 80mm APO or SZ66 in the winter, and the 12" LX200R in the spring.

Dave

You are having a ball lately Dave. You earned it after putting up with all those problems.

A great collection of galaxies building up your repertoire mate, and all superb. Let's hope the good times last a long while.

Ron.:):)

Lovely image, Dave I'd love to have that sort of focal length to get into these galaxies but a maximum of 1200mm won't get me in that close! Great colours and I am so pleased for you that the H9C is now reaping the rewards for you.

Archived