Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M81 & M82 widefield - Brightened version added post #11

jgs001

I spent the night, well until my powerpack died, capturing data on this pair.

59x120s @ISO800, 21 darks (7 prior, 7 middle, 7 end), 21 flats and something like 25 bias frames. I tried out dark scaling last night, so each dark was 30s and multiplied by 4 in DSS (thanks for the tip Martin).

Anyway, I'm going to have some more time at processing this later, but it was too late to do a lot with it when all had completed last night.. The arms of Bodes were far more obvious on the mac last night... hmm, the curse of uncalibrated monitors.

m8182-180309.jpg

Thanks very much all...

Richie, it's not allowed to be, SWMBO, whose mac it technically is, likes the really bright glossiness of the screen... it plays merry hell with my picture processing though :).

Thanks very much Jamie.

I've tried and tried, at least a half dozen times editing this image to try and improve it, and you know... I just can't get it better with the data I've got, even after 3 restacks it's not improving any more... I shall update the title and replace the image with the final one. I've given the above image a bash of brightness to allow for the bright screen I've been working on

m8182-180309brighter.jpg

Archived