NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASI120MC to Altair MG32 Guidescope

TerraC

Does anyone know what connector i'd need to link an ASI120MC to an Altair MG32 Guide Scope please?  The nosepeice doesnt fit into the end.   I was trying to use this as it's lighter than the Evoguide 50ED I have. 

1328310300_2022-05-0613_18_12.thumb.jpg.548621609579cbe153c226a30c74a40b.jpg

14 minutes ago, paul mc c said:

Does the end red ring screw off.... the cam may screw in with the nose piece removed. Just looked again is the red ring threaded? 

Red ring is threaded yes.  It unscrews from the Altair MG-32 but the socket is still too small for the nosepeice to slot into.  The red ring is also too big to screw into the inside of the ASI nosepeice (I'd say they are about the same size) and too big for the other screw in attachment that comes with the ASI (the one you screw the allsky type lens to).  

It's like i'm missing a connection on the Altair MG32.  

I can link up via the ASI to Evoguide ok.  I was trying to save weight on my grab and go system as the Evoguide is nearly 1KG and the MG32 is approx 350g.  

Ray

It looks from the Altair MG32 specs that you need a female CS adapter to the ZWO 2" thread.

Not 100% sure but the small cctv lens adapter may fit the guidescope. Unscrew the cctv lens, leaving a flat adapter and see if that fits on the end of the guidescope.

Edited by StevieDvd
use ZWO adapter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

It looks from the Altair MG32 specs that you need a female CS adapter to the ZWO 2" thread

Brilliant - thank you.   Now to see if I can actually buy one as I dont have that adapter.  doh!  :(

Ray

1 minute ago, TerraC said:

Brilliant - thank you.   Now to see if I can actually buy one as I dont have that adapter.  doh!  :(

Ray

See my edit above I have the same cctv lens that comes with ZWO camera and unscrewed the lens leaving what I hope is the adapter you need.

14 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

See my edit above I have the same cctv lens that comes with ZWO camera and unscrewed the lens leaving what I hope is the adapter you need.

Unfortunately that adapter ring is too small :(

Update:   Sent Altair a message from their website and a facebook message on 6th May.  Advised on 9th May to open a ticket on website with question.   Opened a ticket on 9th May.   13th May - Still no response.   Crazy, if my company worked this way and took so long to answer a simple question we'd be out of business.  :) 

Have you tried with the black bit left when you removed the allsky lens also removed (it has two holes to help you turn and remove it). That leaves a female thread does that fit the thread on the end of the altair, maybe the hole is too big now on the ZWO? (Be careful to not hit the sensor) (You wouldn't use the nose piece)

Edited by happy-kat
  • Thanks 1

Yes the centre section when you remove the allsky is too small unfortunately. 

The o/d on the nosepiece looks exactly the same size as the thread on the Altair so it doesnt slot in or screw over. 

I might end up using the 50ed instead but for the next few months we have lost true darkness so no immediate rush now