Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telrad Finder

Saso

I finally fitted Telrad to my scope not permanently but temporarely because I want to tested first. I go outside and do a test on stars. Sky give me only 30 minutes, then cloud comes. :lol: But I successfully tested Telrad. I find that Telrad is a very good equipment. I also now that you can find on market better and improved equipment but I find price for Telrad quite OK.

1. I first calibrated Telrad and this is a very easy thing to do. With three knobs you can do calibration in a seconds.

2. I especially like that you don't have to look closely to glass but you can look trough Telrad from a distance and you can also move head around a little and you still find objects on sky.

3. It is also a good thing that you can regulate brightness of circles.

4. And I also like that I can point to the stars visible with a naked eye.

5. I don't have a dew problem but it is a dry night outside so I now that I was lucky tonight.

6. I also like that you can buy additional bases for Telrad and you can move it from scope to scope.

Finally I must say that I still wait for a Telrad Dew Shield Plus and when I can make a test I post my observation here.

Saso

Nice review Saso....:thumbleft:

I'm beginning to wish now that I'd purchased the Telrad instead of the Galileo electronic finder, not because it doesn't serve its purpose, but my scope keeps throwing it off!! I don't think it likes it much... :lol:

I don't have a problem with - my scope keeps throwing it off. Because I have "small" scope I mount Telrad on tube rings. I buy medium mounting plate and I mount it on tube rings still temporarely. Later I must drill two holes and I mount Telrad base on mounting plate. When I do that it is not possible that scope throw Telrad off. May be this is not ideal solution but I think that works well for now. Sorry I can't post picture because I don't have digital camera or scanner.

Saso

I have 2 telrad bases - one on the dew shield of the ED80 and one on the NS8. They are stuck down with the adhesive pads they are fitted with but electrical tape works. The base also fitted easily on the main tube of the ED80 but it was a bit too long, also I can easily rotate the dew shield to get a good position for the finder. Also have the riser which makes viewing a bit easier in some situations.

It is a brilliant bit of kit. The only small problem is a tendancy to dewing

Archived