Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus 27th Feb

neil phillips

Was blowing like a storm lol. Was having thoughts i should pack up. But persisted with the capture pause capture pause technique. Mostly because i could see a little UV Cloud on screen. And i am stubborn. But dont think i will make a habit of it. 

Stella lyra 8" Classical cassegrain ZWO 178MM UG1+BG 39 Homemade filter. EQ5pro 

75.tif 60.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

You are relentless. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

BTW that’s a good thing. 🙂

To get a result in the UK. Sometimes you have to be. I took it as a good thing. So much time on my hands, just throwing myself into astronomy rather than going out like i would before covid. Great exercise too. 

15 minutes ago, morimarty said:

Another great capture Neil. There is definitely lighter and darker shaded areas on the disk particular towards the bottom half. You dont happen to be a Taurus the bull are you? Traits of Stubborness and all.🙂

You would think so Martyn. But No Virgo actually. Perfectionists apparently. Don't tell the science crowd. 

Cheers

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

You would think so Martyn. But No Virgo actually. Perfectionists apparently. Don't tell the science crowd. 

Cheers

Another Virgo. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

An excellent image, especially considering the conditions it is an outstanding effort 👏  Definitely some UV detail visible there.  

Much appreciated Pete. Will try some more soon as i now have a bessel Johnson U filter recommended to me.

See if conditions will give a little more

• Like 1