Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Custom Esprit 150 Adapter

BlueAstra

I need a custom adapter/spacer to go between a Esprit 150 Field Flattener and an SX Guider/Filter wheel/SXV-H18. It would be M62x1 to M48x0.75 and 32.5mm long. Does anyone know a manufacturer in the UK who might who might be able to do this, or alternatively an existing product that might do the job?

I couldn't find a UK source so went to Precise Parts for my adapter for E150 flattener to SX46/USBFW/OAG ..  somewhat pricey though about £200.   In the meantime you might try it without the flattener, wont be so good in the corners though, I was told by my dealer that he used his E150/SX814 with no flattener and had good stars

I used this 'local' engineer... http://www.peacockprecision.co.uk/contact.htm to modify the rear end/backplate of my ETX105 a few years ago. I don't know whether he is still in business/retired/other.

Alternatively, have you tried Beacon Hill Telescopes... http://beaconhilltelescopes.org.uk/contact.html - He made the eyepiece projection adapter and RAS to 1.25" adapter for the brass e/p, (image below), for me during 1999. a few months before the solar eclipse.

post-4682-0-68543300-1394159105_cropped.jpg.df346f2e694d80a8f95318583cbdef1a.jpg

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 1

Just a tip if you purchased the Esprit 150 new, or you have everything that was supplied with the scope, one of the adapters supplied can be machined to suit your needs, if you took one along to your local machine shop this might save you a bit on the job. These formed the basis of the custom adapters I needed.

John at Jtech says he can’t take on custom adapters at the moment. I contacted Teleskop-express and they have a facility for custom adapters on their website. Look up 'Sonder'. I choose 'Sonder85' which is for two threads up to 70mm diameter, and sent a drawing to customer services with an order reference. I’ve ordered the custom adapter, 87 euro plus whatever new customs charges there are these days. I also got a positive answer from preciseparts in the USA, but I'll see how I get on with Teleskop-express first.

Edited by BlueAstra
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Delivery Update- I ordered the custom adapter from Teleskop-express on the 13 Jan and it arrived today, very efficient! There were no additional customs or other charges on arrival, just paid for standard UPS delivery on the site. Very impressed and would use them again if I need another.

adapter.jpg

Edited by BlueAstra
  • Like 2