Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45 taken with my new camera

simmo39

Well this is a sort of first light with my new camera ( ASI 2600 ). As it was clear and my back was feeling up to it I did a quick set up and tried to find an easy target, the only one I could find that would give me quick result as I didnt want to be out in the cold to long was M45. This is a quick and dirty stir of 25 x 90s subs in PI. Im still having trouble in getting the flats right and my guiding was all over the place but after no playing since September im happyish with the result. Im still trying to get my head around OSC stuff after using my tied and trusted ASI1600 mm. 

51801914398_81228ea4e3_b.jpg

Hints and tips most welcome.

Thanks for looking

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

A nice delicate image, not a fan of the "in your face" versions. I too think the green is dominating a bit.

Alan

Thank you, still need to sort out this OSC stuff, who thought it would be so hard after using a mono for a few years.

2 minutes ago, Alex E said:

love the delicate aspect of it, almost painted on. lovely

Thank you, it realy needs a lot more data to do it justice!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Phillyo said:

oooo, no lol. Now it looks bright purple! Not sure what you've done with that but the original is much better :)

Think I have a problem with my screen or my eyes need calibrating. lol On my screen it does look blueish.

31 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

I think your PC and monitor needs a calibration, I use a Spyder 5 and get perfect colour/greyscale colour space even on my laptop.

Alan

Hi Allan, thanks I will give it a look. thanks.

i

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simmo39 said:

Ok, Allowing for my lack of colour on my screen I just wound up the blue to 11! well i think its blue!  lol

51806158953_176983b8d7_b.jpg

Nope, still incredibly pink/purple! I wonder if you could use your phone/tablet to take a look maybe?

Edited by Phillyo
typo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Phillyo said:

Nope, still incredibly pink/purple! I wonder if you could use your phone/tablet to take a look maybe?

just had a look on my phone and wow! is it purple! didnt think my laptop screen was so way off. Need to look into sorting that bout pronto. thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, powerlord said:

I wonder if it'll be worth me renting out my spyder 5 for a nominal fee?  Once calibrated, yer done and its easy enough. I'd imagine there's a lot of folk could use it?

So what would the going rate be? lol

Well after a bit of a game ( trying to view image on my fone while using my laptop to do the processing ) I finally got something that looks about the right colour to my eyes. I havent stretched as much either and feel this is the best compromise.

51810212023_3ba3742a2d_b.jpg

• Like 1